UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) Q2 ’22
June 8, 2022 | Minnetonka, MN
The Board of Directors of UnitedHealth Group has declared a regular quarterly dividend of $1.65 per common share, an increase of approximately 13.8% over the previous quarterly dividend.
Year to date, this marks the fifteenth dividend announcement for the Washington Crossing Advisors Rising Dividend portfolio.
From the press release: “UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) provided updates on its 2022 annual shareholder meeting and actions by its Board of Directors.
- Shareholders elected all those nominated to the Board: Timothy P. Flynn, Paul R. Garcia, Stephen J. Hemsley, Michele J. Hooper, F. William McNabb III, Valerie C. Montgomery Rice, M.D., John H. Noseworthy, M.D., and Andrew Witty. UnitedHealth Group directors stand for election annually.
- Shareholders also:
- Approved the advisory resolution on the Company’s executive compensation.
- Ratified Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm.
- Voted against the shareholder proposal seeking shareholder ratification of termination pay, and against the shareholder proposal regarding a political contributions congruency report.
- At its regular quarterly meeting, the Board authorized payment of a cash dividend of $1.65 per share, to be paid June 28, 2022, to common stock shareholders of record as of the close of business June 20, 2022.” 1
About the company: “UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone through two distinct and complementary businesses. Optum delivers care aided by technology and data, empowering people, partners and providers with the guidance and tools they need to achieve better health. UnitedHealthcare offers a full range of health benefits, enabling affordable coverage, simplifying the health care experience and delivering access to high-quality care. Visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com and follow @UnitedHealthGrp on Twitter.” 1
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES: The securities discussed herein do not represent all of the securities held by the WCA Rising Dividend Portfolio as of the date presented and are subject to change at any time, without notice. A complete list of holdings as of the date noted above will be provided upon request. The above is presented to illustrate the application of the strategy only and not intended as personalized recommendations of any particular security. The securities identified and described above do not represent all of the securities purchased, sold, or recommended for client accounts. You should not assume that an investment in any of the securities identified was or will be profitable. Changes in market conditions or a company’s financial condition may impact the company’s ability to continue to pay dividends. Companies may also choose to discontinue dividend payments. All investments involve risk, including loss of principal, and there is no guarantee that investment objectives will be met. It is important to review your investment objectives, risk tolerance and liquidity needs before choosing an investment style or manager. Equity investments are subject generally to market, market sector, market liquidity, issuer, and investment style risks, among other factors to varying degrees. Fixed Income investments are subject to market, market liquidity, issuer, investment style, interest rate, credit quality, and call risks, among other factors to varying degrees.